If the concept of working with a VA is new to you, it may be hard to imagine what tasks you can turn over. I mean, what does a virtual assistant even do, right? You might hear “social media” or “WordPress” but what does that mean, specifically?
Here’s a list of some of the things I do for clients, to see if it triggers any ideas for you:
Note: A few of the links below are affiliate links; I may receive a small commission if you click on them and end up making a purchase from the site
- Research: Blog post ideas, podcasts to appear on, guest posting opportunities, etc.
- WordPress: Create blog editorial calendar (CoSchedule); draft blog posts with your text and images (or I can find/make images for you); add Categories and Tags; schedule posts to publish in future; create blog graphics to include in post then share across social media
- Proofreading/copyediting: Anything written – emails, blog posts, e-books, brochures
- Social media: Find like-minded people to follow/share; create graphics/memes in Canva; use a scheduler like Edgar or Buffer to pre-schedule social media posts; maximize your presence on social accounts (e.g., add hashtags to social media posts, improve your Pinterest boards, etc)
- Transcribing: Transcribe podcasts or videos to provide transcripts to your audience or repurpose into a lead magnet; transcribe your voice notes to create blog posts, newsletters, or an e-book
- Organization: Research/set up task management (Trello, Asana), appointment setting (Calendly, Acuity), and/or client management system (Dubsado*, 17 Hats)
- Affiliate marketing: Find and sign you up for affiliate programs that align with your brand to generate passive income
*For 20% off your first month of Dubsado, use code ERIKAFRIDAY (all caps)
There are lots of other tasks I can do as well. I can’t possibly be experienced at ALL THE THINGS! However, I’m willing to learn new software, etc. (on my own time) and help you apply it to your business.
So don’t be afraid to ask if you have other areas you’d like assistance with. If I can’t do it, I usually have someone I can refer you to.